I can’t take one more minute. I have to vent. Mass consumption of alcoholic beverages in the evenings after work hasn’t helped improve my mood regarding my job. Most days I don’t mind my job. Yes, it’s boring, it’s mundane, it offers no challenges, but it pays decent, and has pretty good benefits, so I stay. Most days I don’t mind the people I work with, but let’s just say the last month or so, I really just want to throat punch most of them. Let me tell you why.
1. Am I the only one who knows how to hang a new roll of toilet paper? Are you just trying to be a smart ass bitch by leaving two fucking squares of shitter paper on the roll? I appear to be the only one who stocks the fucking toilet paper, the least you other bitches could do is hang a new fucking roll up once in awhile!
2. Hey asshole that brings the Milky Way Dark candy bars in and puts them in the refrigerator. I hate you. That’s one of my most favorite candy bars of all time. I just hate you.
3. I’m not your maid, your mother doesn’t live here, clean up after yourself. Isn’t that just basic, common courtesy? I get tired of vacuuming, and picking up all the papers you left in the copy room. I get tired of cleaning up the coffee you spilled on the kitchen floor.
4. The last time I checked work starts at 7 a.m.; that doesn’t mean 7:10, or 7:30, or 7:49, that means fucking 7. Considering you take off more days than anyone else in the office, the least you could do is come to work on time on the days you are here. Oh, and maybe stay until 4? I’m not really sure why he lets you get away with it.
5. Have you ever heard the term “make-do”?? Why don’t you try that? Why do you have to have a certain type of folder, or pencil, or notebook? Does it look like we’re actually making any money around here?
6. Prioritize. All of us have to do it. I am tired of your fucking excuses. I am not perfect. I fuck up. I can admit. You never do. Admit you’re fucking up. Until you admit you’re fucking up, you can’t fix it. Quit ignoring the fact we have a serious situation on our hands. You are fucking everything up for the rest of us.
I love my job, I love my job, I love my job. . . . .
I think we work with the same people. I also suspect they come here, use the last of the toilet paper, leave the roll empty, then throw dirty dishes in the sink before heading back to your work place.
They leave dirty dishes in your sink too?? Do they also let the trash overflow??
Definitely. In fact, I think they bring trash from home, because some of the stuff that falls on the floor includes egg cartons and tooth past tubes. They also drink all the coffee I make which, without me, would never get made at all!
I only make coffee if I want to drink coffee. Anyone who assumes I should be making it all the time just because I’m closest to the coffee pot, can just kiss it! lol
Oh I make it to drink it, it’s just that the coffee ninjas roll in and leave me about half a cup, usually while I’m in the bathroom replacing the toilet paper roll.
It is true what they say there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
And annoying ones!! lol
Ive always said the people you work with can make or break a job. Ive worked jobs I absolutely adored, but working with jerks killed it for me. Good luck.
That’s so true! I do like most of the people I work with, most of the time, but the stress level here lately has added to everyone’s irritating nature.
I missed you.
Fuck fuck fuckitty fuck.
(You love your job you love your job you love your job…)
No really, you do. 💜
I have been so stressed out about work lately. So many things which are out of my control, and I have such a hard time not being in control of things!! lol Thanks for stopping by!! 🙂
Dear friend I submitted my two weeks notice yesterday without a back up plan in sight. I completely relate to your angst.
OH MY!! Are you scared?? I would be.
Scared, not so much. Excited. A wee bit anxious. But not scared. I feel when it’s time it’s time. And it’s definitely time for me to stretch my confidence and try something new.
Am happy for you! I want to take that leap soon. I thought I was going to do it a year ago when my contracting was ending, but jumped into another contract because the money was so good. I hate knowing that it’s time to go, but feeling powerless to leave because I am tied to a house and too much debt. 😦 Why do you think I cuss so much??? hahaha
Girl cussing is better therapy than hiring a therapist!!!
Once you do something stupid like vacuum or make coffee, then people automatically assume that it’s your job forever. Fuckers.
And I do it because I have this little thing known as OCD! lol I will let the mess go as long as I can, then it starts to make me anxious so I have to clean it up.
Outstanding. You definitely have Management potential. LMFAO
Thanks Tom! I knew someone would recognize it some day!! lol
Start thinking Milky-ways equal poo. Poo is gross so you won’t eat them.
I just try to remind myself I can’t eat them because they make my ass fat! lol
Oh my gosh!! I don’t know how you do it…that would drive me batty! I can’t stand when people can’t act like grown ups. Here’s hoping this month is better!!
I just try to stay in my office most of the time!
Ugh…what a pain in the butt!! But a wise choice 🙂
aaand breathe 🙂
I soooo know those days.
I once left the following note in the break room. “Your mama don’t work here. Please clean up after yourself.” I could have used proper English, but then they wouldn’t have known the Black Guy wrote it. Fortunately, I don’t work there anymore.
hahaha. . .well, I am a white girl, but would’ve wrote the same note!!