I guess this must be my award season! For the second time this week, I have been nominated for an award, this time by Kira, over at Wrestling Life. She is a great supporter of my blog, and like me, seems to feel that poetry can be quite cathartic. She also said some very kind words about her nominees, like that she has drawn strengths from their posts and their encouraging comments. I always hope that something I write can help someone, either through laughter, or just by letting them know they aren’t alone.
I have to admit I am terrible at passing these things on though. It’s not because there aren’t many deserving bloggers out there, it’s because I get lazy. In general, I am not a lazy person. However, when it comes to making that damn list, with all the links to the blogs, I just don’t want to do it because it takes too much time. Piss poor excuse, huh? But, that’s the reason. Of course at some point, if I’m not feeling lazy, I can always pass the award on right?
With that said, it is still so nice to get the awards, and know that people are reading and appreciating my ramblings! And in the spirit of the award, and just because I like lists in general, I will share the seven unknown facts about me. Are you ready??
1. I shave my arms. It’s not that I am overly hairy, but I just don’t care for having body hair in general. Weird?? lol
2. My idea of dress shoes is a good pair of cowboy boots. I will put on a dress every once in awhile, but I am more comfortable in boots and jeans.
3. My favorite place to spend time is by the water. There is something about water that soothes the savage beast in me.
4. I have ADD. I have tried medicine for it, but I really don’t like taking pills if I don’t have to, so I just try to deal with it the best I can. I drive my mother crazy sometimes because I rarely finish one project without diving into another.
5. I wish I had enough money to get a tummy tuck. I think my tits still look pretty good, but it would be nice to have my tummy fixed after my recent weight loss. Plus, if I did, I could fit into another size smaller jeans. Feel badly for me and start taking up a collection, please.
6. I believe laughter can cure pretty much everything.
7. Even though I am a very competent swimmer, I have a fear of drowning.
*I reserve the right to pass this award on when I don’t feel so damn lazy.