You Are My Sunshine!
Wow. . .I haven’t felt much like anyone’s sunshine after the week I have been through, but Kirsten, over at Kirsten H. Whyte, has so kindly bestowed the Sunshine Award Nomination on me. I really, truly, can only hope that something I write might inspire–well, at least inspire laughter, in someone. I honestly believe that laughter is the cure to all that ails society. Over the last week, even though I have cried numerous tears, I have managed to have much laughter. If you can’t laugh at yourself, then go to Walmart, and you will see plenty of shit to laugh about!!
I do have to tell you that I chose this particular picture to accompany this entry, because it looks like a sunflower, and I am a Kansas girl!! However, the picture I really wanted to use, can be seen at Drawn2Life. I couldn’t use hers, because I didn’t have permission, but it is her amazing watercolor interpretation. Go check out her work, because it is beautiful and inspiring!
Now to answer my “sunshiney” questions from Kirsten!
- “The sun has got his hat on, hip-hip-hip-horray. The sun has got his hat on and he’s coming out today.” Did the sun come out for you today (either physically or metaphorically)? It was kind of sunny here today, enough so to help me put on a happy face. I LOVE the sun!!
- Do you wish that you could walk on the clouds? When you’re looking out the window of an airplane at cruising altitude, it appears as though you could walk on the clouds, but I imagine it would be kind of like walking in one of those stupid blow-up things.
- When the Sun burns out, do you think that a) Humans will have evolved so that they don’t need the Sun, b) Humans will have invented a Sun substitute, or c) the world as we know it will shrivel and die? I think if the sun burns out, the world should shrivel and die. I know I wouldn’t want to be around to see the end to the sun.
- Have you seen the 2007 British science fiction adventure thriller film, Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle? No. I am not much of a sci-fi fan.
- ‘Good Morning Sunshine!’ or ‘Grr, leave me alone until I’ve had coffee’? During the week I am up before the sun, and most weekends too!! I am a morning person!
- It’s an unexpectedly sunny day and you have the whole day to yourself, what do you do? Work in the yard, or just lie around and bask in it, reading a book and drinking beer!
- The sun is always depicted in Children’s books with a smiley face. Do you think the sun is always happy and is he/she friends with the Man in the Moon? It’s yin and yang, isn’t it? Aren’t they just really two sides of the same coin??
- The sun always shines on TV, true or false? False.
- Sun bathing – good or bad? Good!! I think it’s a must for people to be healthy! You can over-do it though.
- Would you like to live somewhere where the sun always shines, 24 hours a day? No, because I would have a difficult time shutting my body down.
I have to say, I don’t have the time right now to pass this award on. I haven’t had a chance lately to really delve into the blogs I follow on a regular basis, or to check out new ones. Hopefully, I will be able to bestow the nomination on some others real soon. Thanks again Kirsten!!