I have learned a few things from this trip. I do like learning lessons, even if they’re painful at times. Life is a journey and if we can’t learn things along the way, what is the point of it all? Here are a few things I have learned on this trip:
1. I have been reminded of why I dislike flying. I am slightly claustrophobic, and have to be doing something on small planes in order to convince my mind I am not in an enclosed space, ass to elbow with a bunch of other people, who will practically trample you in an attempt to disembark first from the tiny tube.
2. I like staying in hotels, but more than 3 nights is one night too many. San Antonio River Walk is amazing, but a couple of days down there is more than plenty. I know there are other things to do, but after forking over a year’s worth of savings for a hotel, I wasn’t interested in renting a car to drive anywhere.
3. Hangovers suck regardleess of what state you’re in! But in what other state could you go to a country bar, pay a $10 cover, and see a musician who has a hit song or two??
4. My life is okay. I bitch about it, but when I am away from it I miss all of it terribly.
5. I don’t like traveling alone. I want that constant man there with me, experiencing things and doing new things together.
6. Going away on a trip when in a new relationship is really hard. I imagine it might be even harder for him than it is for me. Of course I am speculating about this, since I haven’t spoke with him since yesterday morning. It has been driving me crazy that he and I haven’t talked.
7. Always have an alternate plan. Shit happens, and this trip didn’t really go as planned, but I ventured out on my own and had some good experiences.
8. Never forget to pack the ruby slippers!!
All in all, it hasn’t been terrible. I have spoke with a lot of nice people, seen some cool stuff, and learned some more things about myself. I thought I knew myself pretty well, but I am certain after this trip, that I am bat shit crazy.