I have learned a few things from this trip. I do like learning lessons, even if they’re painful at times. Life is a journey and if we can’t learn things along the way, what is the point of it all? Here are a few things I have learned on this trip:
1. I have been reminded of why I dislike flying. I am slightly claustrophobic, and have to be doing something on small planes in order to convince my mind I am not in an enclosed space, ass to elbow with a bunch of other people, who will practically trample you in an attempt to disembark first from the tiny tube.
2. I like staying in hotels, but more than 3 nights is one night too many. San Antonio River Walk is amazing, but a couple of days down there is more than plenty. I know there are other things to do, but after forking over a year’s worth of savings for a hotel, I wasn’t interested in renting a car to drive anywhere.
3. Hangovers suck regardleess of what state you’re in! But in what other state could you go to a country bar, pay a $10 cover, and see a musician who has a hit song or two??
4. My life is okay. I bitch about it, but when I am away from it I miss all of it terribly.
5. I don’t like traveling alone. I want that constant man there with me, experiencing things and doing new things together.
6. Going away on a trip when in a new relationship is really hard. I imagine it might be even harder for him than it is for me. Of course I am speculating about this, since I haven’t spoke with him since yesterday morning. It has been driving me crazy that he and I haven’t talked.
7. Always have an alternate plan. Shit happens, and this trip didn’t really go as planned, but I ventured out on my own and had some good experiences.
8. Never forget to pack the ruby slippers!!
All in all, it hasn’t been terrible. I have spoke with a lot of nice people, seen some cool stuff, and learned some more things about myself. I thought I knew myself pretty well, but I am certain after this trip, that I am bat shit crazy.
Look on the bright side. At least it wasn’t a Dreamliner. and nobody ever missed talking to me after one day so I am jealous.
Sad…of course it is even sadder when I am missing him, but maybe it’s not reciprocated.
Bat shit crazy has its perks. Never forget that.
There are perks to it??? What would those be? LOL
Well, I guess if you really apply yourself, you’ll end up in a free room with three square meals a day, and a cool roommate, for up to the rest of your life!
That’s a perk, kinda?
Sometimes I wish the crazy would beat out the anxiety, but it never happens.
I’m the batshit craziest. I love that you miss your life. That’s worth quite a bit.
I guess that’s probably a good reason to go away from home every once in awhile…so you can appreciate what you’ve got to go home to. 🙂
I am a little partial to San Antonio as I am a Spurs fan. I am now jealous that you were that near the Spurs and I wasn’t. I am so bitter.
You are quite bitter, but that’s why I like you. I have a bitter streak, but I call it sarcasm. It’s not quite as good as an orgasm, but as “asms” go, it’s pretty cool! hahaha